Friday 25 April 2014

Kiko and Duty Free Haul


So I'm home, and back to normality. I'm not sure how I feel about this, I'm having Italy withdrawals and it's not good. School has been absolutely crazy and right now I want nothing more than to go back to Milan and relax. Gah.

Anyhow, as you can probably all tell, I did a little bit of shopping in Kiko and in Duty Free (goodness what a wonderful place it is), and as I know you all love a haul, I'm sharing with you what I bought, which surprisingly wasn't that much. 

Kiko

I made a wishlist of things that I really wanted from Kiko, but after going into stores and swatching them, they just didn't appeal to me anymore. Anyone else ever find that once you see a product in the flesh it doesn't seem so great anymore? Anyhow, my wishlist scuppered, I had a mass swatching spree and I came away with 3 items. Yes, only 3. Feel free to let out gasps of horror. I left a Kiko store with 3 items.



The first things I picked up were 2 of their single eyeshadows in shade '119' and '133'. 

Shade 119 is a shimmery, bronzey brown with a slight green tone to it. It's super pigmented and when I wore this the other day, I noticed that the greens in my eyes really stood out. Ahh, what a beautiful eyeshadow.






Shade 133 is a shimmery brick reddy brown colour and I am in love. There I said it. I am in love, not with a boy, with an eyeshadow. It is INSANELY pigmented, I honestly could not believe how pigmented it was when I tried it. Another reason I picked this up was because I don't own any eyeshadows that have a reddy colour to them and I thought I should step out of my comfort zone and get it, and after the successful swatch, I wasn't exactly going to leave it there was I? 





My last item I picked up from Kiko was a 'Multi-Effect Nail Lacquer'. There was a whole stand of these for €1 each and I loved the look of 'Shade 3' so it pottered to the till with me. Well not literally because it doesn't have legs, but you get my jist. 








Duty Free

I made a wishlist for duty free, but when I arrived, nothing on my wishlist was there *sigh*. But thankfully there were other fabulous deals that lured me in and emptied my purse, sort of. 

Firstly I went into Cath Kidston. It's one of those shops that is just me. I was so tempted to buy everything in sight but my birthday is soon, so I shall wait until then.



The only item I picked up was this makeup bag which has quite possibly the cutest patchwork pattern ever. It's the perfect size for all of my makeup and brushes and it was only £6.50. Absolute bargain in my eyes.

On the plane I made a pretty big splurge and bought 9 lipsticks. Yes, you heard me correctly, 9 lipsticks. 





The 9 lipsticks I got were part of the Revlon Lip Cube and they are the Super Lustrous range. I am doing a full review of this lip cube in the very near future so I won't be going into too much detail but I love all the colours, apart from one. Why must that one have been in there? There are 7 pearl finishes and 2 creme finishes and I'm loving them all so far, apart from 2. But I can find another use for them so the panic is over. It was £38 but considering the lipsticks are almost £8 each it is a very big saving, and a girl can never have too many lipsticks, right?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...