Wednesday 9 April 2014

What's in my Travel Makeup bag?

As some of you may know, on Saturday I'm going away to Italy for a week. Of course this means that I must let you all know what makeup items I'm taking with me, it's only right.


Makeup bag- Primark


Face

For my face I've only packed the bare minimum. For powder I've packed the Maybelline Matte Maker Pressed Powder, for concealer I've packed the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer and to add a bit of a glow to my cheekbones (who doesn't want that) I've packed the MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder.

Eyes/brows

I've tried to pack the bare minimum for my eyes and brows but it's very difficult to choose, any eye makeup obsessive will understand me. To line my eyes I've packed my holy grail (yes I said it, it is my holy grail) Collection Extreme 24hr Felt Tip Liner. I had some difficulty choosing between all of my mascaras (I have far too many) so I ended up deciding on two, the Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Mascara and the MUA Mega Volume Mascara. To add a bit of colour to my eyes I've chosen to take my Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'On and On Bronze' as it's really versatile and easy to use. For my brows I'm taking the MUA Intense Colour Eyeliner in 'Rich Brown' and even though it's an eyeliner, I have incredibly dark brows and this is the only pencil that matches, or comes anywhere close for that matter (oh the joys of having dark hair). To set my brows I've taken my MUA Clear Mascara, that isn't so clear anymore. I should probably buy a new one, it looks pretty gross. Finally to curl my little lashes I'm taking my cheap and cheerful Primark Eyelash Curlers as they do the job perfectly.

Lips

This was by far the hardest decision to make. It took me almost half an hour to choose 2 lip products. Knowing me though, by the time this post is up I'll have probably changed my mind again, sigh. The two lip products I've chosen are my MUA Power Pout in 'Runway' and Collection Cream Puff in 'Cotton Candy' (review here).

Brushes

For brushes I've cut it right down, I'm just taking the basics and the ones I will definitely need. For my eyes I'm taking the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush as it's my favourite brush for blending out cream shadows.  For my face I'm taking my Real Techniques Contour Brush for applying highlighter, my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush for blending in concealer and my Real Techniques Powder Brush for, you guessed it, putting on powder.


As you can see I have tried to cut the amount of makeup I take with me down, but being a beauty junkie it's pretty hard. 
I'll be back again, as usual, on Sunday with 'What's In My Travel Skincare Bag' which will be scheduled (ooh er, how fancy) but I will have WiFi in Italy so I will be able to reply to comments in the evenings. I'll probably be a bit quiet on the social media side of things though.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...