Sunday 20 July 2014

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick / Olé Flamingo

I've done it. I've gone and jumped onto the blogger bandwagon and I've bought a Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick. I couldn't resist. It was sat on the stand with the '£3 off' sign screaming at me. I had a gift card, and it happened. This little tube of bright pink-ness was on it's way home with me. And I have no regrets.


Before I even begin reviewing this product can we just take a moment and admire the packaging? How can it look cute, yet sleek and high end at the same time? Bourjois how do you do it? 

The shade I picked up was '05 Olé Flamingo' which is a bright, bright, bright pink. Yes I know, my description skills are crap, but it is what it is. A bright, bright, bright pink. And being the 'I'm going to wear the brightest coloured lipsticks I can find because I do not care what people think' person I am, this shade is right up my street. 


The above swatch is just one coat. The pigmentation is insane.

The Rouge Edition Velvets have a doe foot applicator which makes them really easy to apply, and if you know me, I adore doe foot applicators so extra brownie points from me. In terms of application, these apply like an absolute dream. It honestly feels as though you're applying velvet to your lips, and once it's on your lips, you wouldn't know it's there. Bourjois promise 24hr lasting power but who actually wears lipstick for 24 hours? Let's be real now. However, I wore this the other day for around 13 hours and by the end of the day there was only slight fading in the centre of my lips. Impressed doesn't even cover it. 

I honestly could not recommend this product enough and if you're not so into bright colours, there are some more neutral shades in the range too, which I may also have to try. I have the urge to buy every single shade in the range, but I know for a fact that my purse will not enjoy that. Sigh. But I'll definitely be picking up more shades sometime soon. Not that I actually need more lipsticks. 

I don't know how long this deal is on for but the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets are currently £5.99 in Superdrug so I'd suggest running (or speed walking, whichever you prefer) to your nearest Superdrug and grabbing one before the deal ends. You won't regret it. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...