Sunday 5 January 2014

Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in Shade 107


This winter I have been absolutely loving the berry/plum lips trend. Sometimes if I'm not wearing a dark berry lip, I feel naked (anyone else?). For my age, I'm guess I'm very daring with lip colours as most of my friends don't wear anything on their lips at all.  It doesn't take much to persuade me to buy a new lipstick, just show me 2 good reviews on one and I can guarantee that it'll be mine the next week. So after around 20 people recommended this lipstick to me on Twitter, is it any surprise I left Boots with this in my shopping bag? Now, this little gem has fast become one of my all time favourite winter lipsticks. 

First off, the packaging. Personally I absolutely love this packaging, the matte red tube just adds a nice pop of colour to my lipstick collection and looks really elegant. The 'Kate' signature just adds to the overall look and makes the product look a lot more expensive than it actually is.




In terms of formulation, this is a matte formula. I have tried a few matte lipsticks before but some just drag along your lips highlighting the dry, chapped areas, MUA I'm looking at you. I was kind of expecting this to be just the same, but oh boy I was wrong! This lipstick literally glides on, just like a regular creamy formula lipstick does. The pigmentation is so impressive, one swipe is all it takes to get bold, berry lips. There are blue undertones to this which is a big bonus as it makes your teeth look whiter.


Lasting power is something we all look for in a lipstick and this one packs a punch in that department! The full colour lasts a good 3-4 hours, with eating and drinking, then it starts to wear away to a very nice, berry stain. Some people may not like this but I love this as it means even if it isn't at it's full opacity, I still have colour on my lips.

I would 100% recommend this lipstick to anyone who is looking for a matte, berry lip colour but doesn't want to spend a fortune. I'm now very tempted to go out and buy a few more shades from the range. For only £5.49 this lipstick is an absolute steal! 






14 comments:

  1. I have the same lipstick in color 11, it does not last very long. But everyone says 107 lasts pretty well. maybe there is variability among the colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh! maybe all of them have different pigmentation, who knows! x

      Delete
  2. I have this and I love it! Such a gorgeous and flattering shade! xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog. Followed.
    http://itsaleyna.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah! the shade is amazing. I'm going to check this out.
    Zoha xx
    www.wardrobe09.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Kirsty I love this blog post! Spot on!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kirsty,this is amazing post loving it so so much!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually really want this now! You're so persuasive aha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get it:) haha, thankyou:) my persuasive skills come in handy when im asking for new makeup hahah;) xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...